Monday, October 27, 2008

Captain Cooper Culled a Crop of Crisp Braeburns



Mommy, Daddy and I have had a month full of fun adventures. It started when we went to Larriland Farms. I have an Uncle Larry and a cousin Larry, so I knew right away we were in for some fun! When we got there, Daddy went crazy and started driving on the grass. He went all over the place--even where there weren't roads. We were bouncing all around in the car and I was hooting in the backseat. Yee-haw! Then we got to the apple orchard and we piled out of the car and went for a walk. Mommy and Daddy were picking these red balls from the vines and then they crunched into one. They thought it was so yummy, they gave me a taste. Oh, man. It was very juicy. I loved it (and wouldn't put it down).






Then we picked out a giant pumpkin for our front porch. Daddy had to carry it all the way to our car--he's so strong. Doesn't our house look cool now? Mommy says we're going to cut the pumpkin soon and make a Jap-0-Lampturn. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like we're going to have more fun. It sounds like something for the big people, so I'll probably just watch.



After we got home, Mommy and Daddy cut up all the apples and made an apple pie. It looked like a lot of work and Mommy kept talking about next time inviting someone named Mrs. Smith to our house when she makes a pie. I haven't met her yet. Our house smelled so yummy and I even got a little taste of the pie!


As you can see, it was a day full of big-boy events. No baby stuff for me anymore. After eating apples and picking out pumpkins, Daddy said I was ready for some real man stuff. So, he taught me three-point turns! Next stop...Daytona 500.
Just kidding, silly. I was just pretending, but it looks pretty convincing, huh?
Hugs & Kisses,
Coop











No comments: